Friday, March 30, 2012

Of Betas and Hotkeys


Another 100k beta invites are going out and I have yet to receive one. That's for the best probably. Other than the Pandaren starting zone, it doesn't sound like anything else is available. The 85-90 zones are not out yet, the only way to level to 90 is by doing Uldum, Twilight Highlands, or just dailies.


In the mean time, to occupy my time, I am going to dedicate myself to hotkey all of my arability. Up to this point I have only had actions 1-12 mapped. I decided to set up my Merc Keyboard to use control and shift to easily access up to 36 actions now. My problem, is how to take 36 abilities and arrange them on 3x 12-slot action bars in a way that makes sense and is usable? I'm also trying to design the layout so that I don't need to tweak anything for PVE or PVP  content. I spent some time at a target dummy, but I think it's time to wander into a battleground or LFR and get my hands dirty.

I will be working on my macros as well. I found some good macros from Zumio posted over at the Hunter's Hall. Most importantly I am going to macro Aspect of the Hawk into my instant cast shots and Aspect of the Fox into Cobra Shot. Never having to sit still is a huge advantage, I'll never get caught in the fire again, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment